- Inspector Bask Bumblethorpe, Gnome Wizard: Jacob
- Vordaar, Dragonborn Paladin: Ryan
- Swynn, Moon Elf Cleric: Stacy
- Wellby, Halfling Sorceror: Scott
- Algernon, Drow Ranger: Jon
- Veit, Dwarf Cleric: Witko
Events as recounted by The Inspector. If anyone else has anything to add, please feel free.
July 23rd – Upon our return to Shore’s Rest from the last excursion, we receive a couple notes. Algernon got a raven with a message that said it was from Dorikor, and asked for help because they were about to be invaded by Forsyn. This doesn’t stack up with what we know about Dorikor, who runs the Goblin War Camp near Bronzeport, so he casts Speak with Animals, and the raven describes the people who sent it as wearing all black with white skulls painted on them. We deduce that this was actually a fake, and sent by Huro of the Skull Looke to try to bait us into a trap. We respond with a note that says, “we’re on our way,” but we don’t go, as we’re masters of deception. We hope that this will buy us some time and the Skull Looke won’t attack Shore’s Rest while they wait for us to fall into their poorly designed trap.
We also get a note from Angus, the bard, telling us that in order to truly vanquish a threat, we have to consecrate the origin of the threat, as Vasho did, otherwise it will keep returning. We manage to deduce that in order to do so, we’ll need a religious sigil cast in mithril, incense and petrified wood, and arcane magic to seal it all together.
We’re visited by both the Blue and Orange Looke. The Blue join us as our allies, and inhabit the pirate caves below Shore’s Rest. We get a rider from the Orange Looke who gives us a seed. They say if we plant it, within three days, they’ll show up 400 strong. Bran also spends some time to teach the tinkerers and smiths in camp to make the net-throwing ballistae that we saw at Hecary.
Bran also went down to the pirate cave below town and retrieved some Maro scales and the dragon leg that was down there, that we now know belongs to Sriko. Maybe there’s some way she’d be able to reattach it? But using the Marrow scales, Barus and I get the water rune working on the back of the boat, and find out that it’s activated by mithril. We can now use that to propel a boat. Take a long rest.
July 24th – We decide to head to the lair of the snake people. Now that we know that they’re the remnants of the Green Looke and where they’re located. Travel all day and rest in the bubble.
July 25th – We make it down towards the ruins, and we find a small pit of regular snakes. Vordaar goes to cover up the pit, and we see a Halfling run away. We catch up, and it’s Tristan. He’s poisoned or something and is scared and badly wounded. Vordaar heals him, and he comes to his senses. He tells us there’s a guard at the mouth of the cave, and we send him back to Shore’s Rest. Algernon sneaks up and headshots the guard. With the entrance to the caves clear, and night approaching, we rest for the night.
July 26th – We head into the caves and go back the same way we went before. We make our way back to the large pit where we left off before. It goes down 60 feet to a pool of water full of snakes. I cast Fly on Vordaar and he flies down, then cast Featherfall on the rest of us, and we all grab on and float along behind him, him holding his shield out with Light cast on it. It’s super badass, like a flying human centipede with a headlight. We get down the pit and it opens up into a huge room with a Ziggurat in the center, illuminated by torchlight, and with a bunch of cultists in camps set up around it. We hear screaming, and recognize it as Tralion’s voice. At the top of the Ziggurat, Tralion is on an alter, and there’s a Yuan-ti with a knife raised over him. I blast him with a Fireball and Algernon shoots him, and he runs off, leaving Tristan. We grab him, and pursue the Yuan-ti into the pyramid. We enter the second-from-top level and find a room with a pool of blood. As we explore the rooms around it, we find a Yuan-ti Malison, then out of the pool of blood rises a huge badass six-headed Yuan-ti Anathema. It probably would have destroyed us, but I use my last third level spell to Counterspell it and basically save everyone’s life. We manage to take them both down, then head up to the top level. We find the snakeman that was about to kill Tristan and kill him as well.
We take a short rest (to regain some hitpoints and spells), then head down to level two. We encounter a Yuan-ti Pureblood in a torture chamber, and Algernon just one-shots him. We save the Halfling he was torturing, and find 8 other slaves imprisioned in cells, totaling 7 members of the Green Looke with tattoos that match Zila’s. They tell us there are a bunch of eggs in one of the rooms on this floor, so we tell them to stay there, and we continue to explore. We find a shrine with a couple Yuan-ti and a huge constrictor snake. After we kill one of the Yuan-ti, a door opens and a Yuan-ti Broodguard joins, and we see a room full of eggs behind the door. I fireball the shit out of the eggs, and we finish off the snakemen. We burn our way through the first floor of the temple, and find some of the potions that the Yuan-ti were using the poison and corrupt the Green Looke. We destroy them all, and loot the place, then head out of the caves using the Dwarven Teleport Necklace with all of the rescued and revived Looke cultists, and head back to Shore’s Rest.
July 27th & 28th we travel back to Shore’s Rest. We forge mithril into the symbol that Swynn discovered, and bring that and petrified wood back to the Ziggurat, and I expend a third level spells slot to complete the consecration, thus ending the threat of the snake people and Mirrshaulk. We return to Shore’s Rest on August 3rd.
[END OF SESSION]
NEXT STEPS (new developments on old notes in red):
- There is an impending attack from the Black Looke on Shore’s Rest. We don’t know when, but their tribe is 200 strong, and have manticores and war mammoths. Both the Orange and the Blue Looke have allied with us. The Orange said they have 400 members that would help us, and the Blue have around 50. We also saved the Green Looke, who number around 20.
- The Snake Looke have become a real threat. We’ve found their lair, and need to go in and wipe them out, though this will likely be a long and difficult process. The Snake People have been vanquished and their lair has been consecrated. They will no longer be a threat.
- Forces are amassing at Camp Dorikor, the Goblin War Camp. We should probably do something about this, referred to the children of Maglubyet by Frossay, from the Fae Wode, and an ancient enemy of Vasho.
- Frossay has eggs that are going to hatch. We don’t know when or where, but that’s bad fucking news.
- We never found the monk in Bronzeport, but Wynn was his name, and he was once an ally of Bayarr, might have taken the mind control pill.
- Wesson has mercenaries, we should check it out.
- For what it’s worth, we have coke that give us hallucinations and really deep advice. We think it might be fun to do a bunch of it and see what kind of crazy visions we all have.
- There’s some crazy beast in the woods nearby Shore’s Rest, with wings and a lion’s head or something. Griffon?
- We have deeds to some homes in Forsyn, but that might be the center of power of a shitty government that uses zombie slaves.
WHAT’S NEXT, BOYS & GIRLS?
- Forged Note from the Skull Looke
- Note from Angus & Vordaar’s Dream
- Map of the Ziggurat
- Picture of the Ziggurat
**Later note: After speaking to some of the Looke in camp, we actually find out that there’s likely closer to 400 of them, if not more. Their full strength was not at the gathering at Hecary. And a few Looke even mention that they have a large fortress near Lake Amastacia that they haven’t seen in a long time, and might be well-fortified at this point.
With this being the case, it might be wise for us to at least go scope out the fortress?